Approx 10 Week Course
Suited to young dogs aged from 12 – 18 months or beginner dog or handlers.
Foundation Dog skills:
- Re-Call – Dog must return to handler on command.
- Follow – Dog will follow the handler off leash on either side.
- Leading the dog – Dog follows the handlers focus. Handler must effectively change dog direction.
- Dog Motivation – Handler is able to effectively warm up & motivate the dog.
- Dog Focus – dog is focused on either the handler or the path ahead.
- Dog demonstrates drive – to do agility and does not go for a sniff, a pee or chase the bunny in Owen Delany Park!
- Lead outs – dog maintains a wait, until handler is in position and releases on command.
Foundation Handler skills:
- Handler uses the same commands.
- Body Language – Handler understands the correct positioning of hands and body to support and lead the dog without obstructing the dogs path.
- Start Line – Handler is able to line up the dog quickly & correctly for the sequence of obstacles ahead, and understand when a lead out is necessary or not.
- Handler can execute a basic front and rear cross.
Foundation Jumping skills:
- Bounce Jump, Stride Jump, Good Dog Jumping Action,
- Dog has coordinated footwork to align for next jump.
- Effectively jumps the tyre, long jump, blind & standard hurdles, tunnels and contact gear at a low height.
- Dog & handler can effectively navigate a short elementary style Jumpers course.
Suited to dogs who have graduated from the foundation class and are beginning to compete.
Syllabus: Starter / Novice modules and sequencing, encompassing more advanced handling techniques in a relaxed informal setting.
Suited to dogs who have graduated from the novice class and are competing.
Syllabus: Module based instruction at this level. Courses and handling sequences are more complex suited to Novice / Intermediate / Senior dogs & handlers.